Friday, March 19, 2010

Geotagging at the National Conference on Science Ed - NSTA 2010 Philly


Taking a bit of advice from this very blog, I decided to geotag my trip to the 2010 National Conference on Science Education in Philadelphia, PA. To help me keep up with it all, Anita Palmer also contributed several images

I'm using an iPhone and PixelPipe and occasionally, a Nikon P6000 (with built-in GPS) to record my images and post to Google's Picasa Web Albums. The iPhone can use either its GPS or cellular triangulation.  As many of these photos are being taken indoors, it seems that most of the positioning info is coming from the cellular triangulation.  I seem to keep "clumps" of pictures that are pretty close, but not spot-on.  As a result, I'm tweaking the position of many of these pictures, using Picasa Web Albums.

Since I'm geotagging and posting these images in (mostly) real time, each time you visit the gallery you should see new pics.  Granted, the conference itself may not provide a wealth of geography across which my pictures can post, but hopefully I'll see a few sites while in Philly and add those to the map as well.

  • 2010 National Conference on Science Education geotagging project [ images | map-based ]
If you would like to contribute to this gallery, email your geotagged photos to:  trbaker.nsta2010@picasaweb.com by Sunday, March 21 (6pm EDT). Include your name and description.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment